Gerald is a holistic bodywork practitioner with over 16 years of experience. He holds a Massage Therapist license from the State of New York since graduation, with honors, from the New York College of Health Professionals, and is also a Board Certified Structural Integrator.
Gerald constantly strives to learn more about the art of healing. Since entering the field, Gerald has expanded his work by getting certified in
- Sports Massage through the NY College of Health Professionals
- Trigger Point Therapy through the NY College of Health Professionals
- Active Isolated Stretching with Aaron Mattes
- Myofascial Release with John Barnes
- Medical Massage with Jordan Weiner
- Health Fitness Instructor through Hofstra University
- Kinesis Myofascial Integration (KMI) – commonly referred to as Structural Integration with Tom Myers
- Reiki Level I through the Loving Touch Center
He has also enjoyed teaching Swedish Massage and Kinesiology at his Alma Mater for the past 14 years.
Gerald runs his practice on Long Island, New York. He offers several services to his clients that incorporates all his learned techniques and is tailored to best meet their needs. At a high level his services fall into two main categories - Therapeutic Massage and Structural Integration.
Recently, Gerald has focused his practice on Structural Integration, where one tries to balance the structure rather than fix body (somatic) dysfunction. He studied under Tom Myers, who takes Ida Rolf's original recipe (known as Rolfing) to the next dimension. He became certified in KMI in 2008 and has professional affiliation with the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) and International Association of Structural Integrators (IASI).
Gerald has a passion for helping others through bodywork with a healing touch. He looks forward to working with you to help you align your body and create balance to improve your state of well being.